The Office of the College Secretary (OCS) is responsible for the accuracy and safekeeping of undergraduate student academic records. In addition, it is tasked with administering undergraduate student services such as students’ admission, readmission, shifting, leave of absence, registration, dropping, disqualification, and graduation. The OCS also takes charge of identifying undergraduate University and College Scholars every semester and certifies the graduation of undergraduate students with honors. Furthermore, it prepares the minutes of the College Assembly and the College Executive Board meetings.
The regular staff of the OCS is composed of two (2) Student Record Evaluators (SRE), one (1) Administrative Assistant II, one (1) Administrative Officer I, one (1) Senior Administrative Assistant I, an Assistant College Secretary and a College Secretary. A student assistant (SA) is usually hired during the academic year to assist the student record evaluators. There are about twenty (20) student volunteers acting as registration assistants during regular registration period.
|Ms. Ma. Nerissa Masangkay Abara,
|Ms. Diane Christine Pelejo
Assistant College Secretary
Ms. Grace C. Nirza
SRE, in charge of CS students’
records with surnames starting from A – L.
|Ms. Hazel Y. Venus
SRE, in charge of CS students’
records with surnames starting from M – Z.
|Mrs. Janeth Y. Mabaquiao
Senior Admin Assistant I
|Marie Kristine R. Gonzales
Administrative Officer I
Administrative Assistant II
Administrative Assistant II
How to shift to another degree program offered by a College within UP Diliman other than the College of Science:
- Apply for shifting at the college offering your desired degree program.
- If accepted, get your college admission slip.
- Submit your College Admission Slip to the Admissions and Registrations Section (ARS) of the Office of the University Registrar (OUR) to get your University Admission Slip.
How to shift to a degree program offered by the College of Science:
- Check the requirements for shifting into a degree program offered by the College of Science.
- If you are from a school other than the University of the Philippines, you can obtain an application form from the Office of the University Registrar (OUR).
- If you are from any of the constituent units of UP, you can obtain an application form from the Office of the College Secretary at the College of Science Library and Administration Building (CSLAB).
- Pay the application fee at the UP Cashier’s office and submit your filled up application form together with the requirements.
- Fill up a Request to Cross-Register form from the Office of the College Secretary at the College of Science Library and Administration Building (CSLAB) and have it signed by the Dean.
- Have the form approved by the University Registrar and by the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs (VCAA) / Chancellor.
- Write a letter of request for readmission addressed to the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs through the College Secretary and attach a True Copy of Grades. Have the letter endorsed by the College.
- If request for re-admission is approved, you will be given a College readmission slip. Pay the necessary fee at the UP Cashier’s Office and present these to the Admissions and Registrations Section (ARS) of the Office of the University Registrar (OUR).
I will not be around during the registration period, what should I do to allow my friend to get my registration material and enlist on my behalf?
- You must prepare three (3) copies of your proxy letter stating that you authorize, in this case, your friend to perform the registration transactions on your behalf or accomplish an Authorization for Proxy form available at the Office of the College Secretary at the College of Science Library and Administration Building (CSLAB). Give your UP ID to your proxy and ask him/her to proceed to the College Secretary's Office for validation of the letter. The proxy must also present a valid identification card for validation.
I lost my Form5A, what will I do now?
- The replacement of a lost Form5A is subject to the approval of the Student Evaluators of the College Secretary's Office. When a replacement has been issued, you must go back to all colleges and departments where you already enlisted via CRS or manually and have these subjects revalidated.
I got a grade of 4.0 in one of my subjects this semester and I need to take the removal exams, what should I do?
- Proceed to the College Secretary's Office and ask for a removal form. Fill out this form and if needed, go to the institute’s director's office and ask for the evaluator to verify your grade and sign the form. Do not forget to leave at least one bluebook for the exam with the accomplished removal permit form.
I need a True Copy of Grades (TCG) and a Certificate of Year Level (CYL) from the school, what should I do?
You can directly proceed to UP Cashier's Office at the back of PNB- UP Shopping Center to pay for the TCG/ CYL. Pay PhP 20.00 per page for each copy of TCG/CYL. Proceed to the College Secretary's Office and give the receipt for TCG/CYL for processing.Return after two (2) working days to claim your TCG/CYL.Note: Processing of TCG and CYL during the registration period may take more than one week for it to be accomplished.
I have already taken a subject that is not part of my curriculum but I want it to be substituted for the required subject prescribed in my curriculum, what should I do?
Go to Office of the College Secretary at the College of Science Library and Administration Building (CSLAB) and ask for a request for substitution form. Make sure that you have with you three (3) copies of this form. Then, go to academic department where you took that subject and have it signed. Proceed to the College Secretary's office and have it signed.
Honorific Scholarships are awarded every semester as long as the student meets the corresponding General Weighted Averages (GWA). The effectivity of the scholarship is the end of the semester concerned and do not entitle the holders to any tuition fee waiver, either partial or full.
|University Scholar||GWA of 1.0 – 1.45|
|College Scholar||GWA of 1.451 – 1.75|
NOTE: In addition to the GWA prescribed, a student must:
- Have taken during the previous semester at least 15 units of academic credit or the normal load prescribed and have no grade below 3 in any academic or non-academic subject.
- Grade of INC must be completed by the end of the semester.
Can I still graduate with honors even if I didn’t finish my PE subjects during my first two years?
- Yes, you can still graduate with honors.
|Summa Cum Laude||GWA of 1.0 – 1.20|
|Magna Cum Laude||GWA of 1.21 – 1.45|
|Cum Laude||GWA of 1.451 – 1.75|
The students are required to submit
- one (1) hard bound thesis copy and a one
- (1) CD with a PDF format of the thesis.
- Other additional copies are according to the discretion of the institute or of the thesis adviser.
What are the requirements for students coming from other UP autonomous units accepted into a degree program in the College of Science?
- Students coming from other UP autonomous units are requested to submit the following to the the Office of the College Secretary:
- Permit to transfer
- College clearance
- Certificate of not under contract
- Certificate of good moral character
- Official transcript of records (OTR) - 2 copies
- Result of physical and medical examination
College of Science Administration Bldg,
National Science Complex,
University of the Philippines Diliman,
Quezon City 1101
UP Trunkline: +63 2 981 8500 Loc. 3806